So, here it is! Did you guess right? Originally, these stripes were only meant for one finger on each hand, but they turned out so cute, I just had to do them on the rest.
I used scotch tape cut into small little slivers to create the stripes. I just placed them over my white nails with some spaces in between and painted the stripes into the spaces. Then I just peeled the tape off and wah lah! Beautiful stripes! (If I had a striping brush, this would have been much easier.)
Here are some tips for success for anyone who is looking to recreate these gorgeous stripes:
1. Peeling the tape off when the polish is still wet results in cleaner lines!
2. When taping, start from the middle. This helps get the tape straight because, if your nails are like mine, the sides of the nail are slanted and make it hard to tell how straight the tape is until you get to the middle.
3. When painting, start on the side and paint each stripe in order until you get to the other side. This way you can get polish over the tape and into the next unpolished area with no worries because you will be painting over that area next anyway.
4. If you mess up, just use a toothpick with some polish on it to fix your mistake. I did this in several places, can you tell where?
5. Use polishes that cover well with one coat. It is difficult to do more than one coat when using tape because of tip 1.
6. (If you are using striping tape instead of scotch tape, you can ignore this tip.) When cutting your tape, once you’ve got it lined up right, stick the sticky side of the tape down on the scissor blade. This will keep the tape in place while you cut and reduce the number of pieces of tape you lose when you open the scissors up again.
That’s all for now! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your Monday! 🙂
I created todays new look based on Elleandish‘s “Tiffany Blue & Silver Nail Tutorial (Konad Stamping)” tutorial on youtube. I’m kinda bummed that my turquoise turned into a dark green when it dried, but other than that, it looks great! This was my first time stamping, and although all I did was the bow, I think it turned out pretty good for my first time. I’m happy 🙂
I just got Julep “Rose” in the mail! I won it in a Subblime giveaway! It was super awesome to win something for like the first time ever! Now I need to figure out what I am going to do with it. I also have a fake Konad stamping set I recently acquired that I want to do something with. Anyway, I wanted to post a picture of my past Julep manicure.
I created this one with Julep- “Zora” and Julep- “Sienna”
P.S. Be sure to check out Julep’s other awesome colors on their nail color page.