I used scotch tape cut into small little slivers to create the stripes. I just placed them over my white nails with some spaces in between and painted the stripes into the spaces. Then I just peeled the tape off and wah lah! Beautiful stripes! (If I had a striping brush, this would have been much easier.)
Here are some tips for success for anyone who is looking to recreate these gorgeous stripes:
1. Peeling the tape off when the polish is still wet results in cleaner lines!
2. When taping, start from the middle. This helps get the tape straight because, if your nails are like mine, the sides of the nail are slanted and make it hard to tell how straight the tape is until you get to the middle.
3. When painting, start on the side and paint each stripe in order until you get to the other side. This way you can get polish over the tape and into the next unpolished area with no worries because you will be painting over that area next anyway.
4. If you mess up, just use a toothpick with some polish on it to fix your mistake. I did this in several places, can you tell where?
5. Use polishes that cover well with one coat. It is difficult to do more than one coat when using tape because of tip 1.
6. (If you are using striping tape instead of scotch tape, you can ignore this tip.) When cutting your tape, once you’ve got it lined up right, stick the sticky side of the tape down on the scissor blade. This will keep the tape in place while you cut and reduce the number of pieces of tape you lose when you open the scissors up again.
That’s all for now! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your Monday! 🙂